It's not too late for access control

Paul Benedict pbenedict at apache.org
Wed Jul 13 22:33:31 UTC 2016

If I may opine on this matter -- and do so respectfully toward all parties
mentioned -- aside from Tim Ellison responding first, every other message
is between David and Mark. The discussion thread is a really good read and
a strong point/counterpoint match. However, there are 9 people on the
Expert Group [1]. What do the other 6 experts think? Being an observer, I
can see nothing but public discussion, and so all appearances on this list
tell me the item was left unresolved. I have no idea where the EG actually
stands as a whole on David's suggestion. I remember reading these exchanges
live, and curiously wondering why there are no additional agreements or
disagreements? My best theory then and now is this: Thanksgiving and
Christmas happened. It appears the holidays interrupted. Just my 2 cents.

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jigsaw/spec/

Cheers,
Paul