Missing sources stepping through Jigsaw code?

dalibor topic dalibor.topic at oracle.com
Fri Jul 29 11:23:06 UTC 2016

On 29.07.2016 13:05, Andrew Dinn wrote:
> Hmm, that algebra of effort vs needs encompasses a net increase in
> effort on Oracle's part to modify the default OpenJDK build process to
> /not/ include the jdk.internal class sources in src.zip?

In this case, as Alan noted, it's a policy we follow.

I was speaking about the general case - ideas for improving Early Access
builds are great, but in most cases they are ultimately things the
person asking is better off doing themselves if they really need it, as
most ideas will typically only affect a very, very small subgroup of
users of such builds (like different binary formats, or builds with some
option turned on or off, or whatever else people tend find a temporary
need for).

cheers,
dalibor topic
--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment