Disallowing the dynamic loading of agents by default

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Mon Apr 3 20:56:23 UTC 2017

On Apr 3, 2017, at 12:03 PM, Gregg Wonderly <greggwon at cox.net> wrote:

> Alan, it is exactly this kind of comment from the team which just tears apart the whole view that you might actually be considering what everyone in the Java community needs.

I think *this* comment is unfair to Alan.  I read Alan as saying
"don't assume that users can rely on an SM present".  If I'm right,
that is a far cry from tearing the community into parts.  I think you
would admit that not everyone uses SM.  So you didn't ding Alan
(who is doing really heroic work for the community) for simply
reminding us that a SM-based approach would not serve the
whole community equally.  Did you impute some other motive to him?

— John