feedback on --permit-illegal-access

Stephen Felts stephen.felts at oracle.com
Thu Apr 6 23:34:09 UTC 2017

I have been using _JAVA_OPTIONS to get gradle working for over a year.
I recently ran a build with --permit-illegal-access turned on (and --add-options taken out) and filed/updated bugs for several third-party jar files.
There are problems with ant, xstream, simplestub, javassist, jmockit, jboss classfile, weld, mockit is fixed in 2.x, apache felix, eclipselink.

I updated https://github.com/gradle/gradle/issues/1461#issuecomment-292343220 with more information about my use of a gradle wrapper to do this.