Alternatives for naming automatic modules, and a proposal (#AutomaticModuleNames)

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Wed Apr 26 13:32:21 UTC 2017

Just to add a note that came up in a twitter conversation.

Modules are not artifacts. [1]
ergo, module names are usually not artifact names
yet, automatic module names are derived from artifact names

Its no wonder that I have seen lots of confusion between modules and
artifacts, Jigsaw itself is mixing the two concepts!

Stephen

[1] http://blog.joda.org/2017/04/java-se-9-jpms-modules-are-not-artifacts.html