jake -> jdk9/dev

Stephen Felts stephen.felts at oracle.com
Sat Apr 29 10:04:17 UTC 2017

I think that there is one large item in that change that should not be included.
The requirement for using -Djdk.attach.allowAttachSelf=true is in Jake but not jdk9/dev.
I think that the Java community made it clear that this feature should not be included in JDK9, including going to the effort of writing a paper to that effect at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19H1iGUnyI4Y40U5sNVAmH0uLxcpNfYSjPIW3s0Rv5Ss/edit?usp=sharing
The revised proposal doesn't fix the problem that this JDK 9 command line property will be needed in many cases.
This "feature" takes away an API that was introduced publically in JDK 6 and obviously popular in usage.