RFR: 8177086: java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject::canAccess should share access cache with internal method ::checkAccess

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 09:58:04 UTC 2017

On 03/19/2017 11:42 PM, Peter Levart wrote:
> No problem. Here it is (against tip of jake/jdk):
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk9-jake/AccessibleObject.canAccess_caching/webrev.02/
>

> This patch changes a little when the stacktrace requested by
> sun.reflect.debugModuleAccessChecks system property is printed. In
> original code it is printed when the access (invocation, get/set)
> itself fails as well as when AccessibleObject.canAccess() returns
> false. Is that what was intended? Patched code only prints when the
> actual access attempt fails and not when canAccess() returns false. If
> you want canAccess() to also print stacktrace, I can add it to
> canAccess() method.

...I was wrong about that claim. Original code does exactly what the
patch does - it only prints stack trace when checkAccess is called and
never when canAccess. As slowCheckMemberAccess (which printed the
stacktrace) was renamed to slowVerifyAccess (which is used from
canAccess too), the printing/throwing had to be moved to the checkAccess
method itself to preserve the behavior.

Peter