Better tools for adjusting to strong encapsulation

Simon Nash simon at cjnash.com
Thu Mar 23 15:05:53 UTC 2017

I think the distinction between the precise options and the big kill
switch is important and I welcome this change.  It will solve the
immediate problem for my application.

I still have reservations about the hard-wired use of System.err for
warning messages for the reasons given by Roel Spilker.  Michael
Rasmussen mentioned other cases of this in JDK 9 but I'm not sure what
these are.

Simon