Progress report on SLF4J project modularization

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Sat Mar 25 14:38:27 UTC 2017

Hi Alan,

Following the recipe at [2], it all seems to work.

After modularizing the SLF4J project under Java9/Maven I tried to have
the project compile for Java 6 (except modules-info.java) and have
modules-info.java compile with Java 9.

Trying a MR-JAR approach, I got very confused when I could not get the
project to compile even with "javac" let alone Maven.

My mental fog miraculously dissipated after reading [1], in particular
the following lines in that email:

javac --release 8 -d target/classes src/main/java/com/example/A.java \
    src/main/java/com/example/Version.java
javac -d target/classes src/main/java/module-info.java

Again, the recipe from [2] was helpful but not as helpful as the two
lines above.

--
Ceki

[1]