8178380: Module system implementation refresh (5/2017 update)

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Tue May 2 10:11:31 UTC 2017

Mandy,

On 02/05/17 03:47, Mandy Chung wrote:

> src/jdk.jartool/share/classes/sun/tools/jar/Main.java
>  619                         if (dflag) {
>  620                             // "--describe-module/-d" does not require file argument(s),
>  621                             // but does accept --release
>  622                             usageError(getMsg("error.bad.dflag"));
>  623                             return false;
>  624                         }

Sorry, I'm not sure of the issue here. I added this check when
updating the describe option to accept an optional `--release`
( the effective runtime version ) when describing a multi-release
modular JAR. This check is required as passing `-C`, in this
context, is an error. There are exiting tests that verify this.

-Chris.