Evidence of incompatibility (was Some suggested patches and improvements)

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed May 17 20:30:54 UTC 2017

On 17/05/2017 20:56, Robert Gibson wrote:

> :
> And of course the intersection of these issues makes things even more complicated.  At this point I would settle for being able to add a command-line flag to get our app to run, but despite testing EA builds for over a year and assiduously flagging issues as we came across them it’s still not possible for us (intersection of CLDR change and Webstart)

This isn't Jigsaw or modules or course but just to say that the
transition to CLDR locale data has been a multi-release effort (details
in JEP 127 and 252). The CDLR support went into JDK 8 with a system
property to enable. The default changed in JDK 9 but the system property
can be used to go back to the legacy JRE locale data. I think what you
saying is that we failed to white list that property for JNLP
applications. This seems like something that should be fixed.