Deprecation beyond the level of types

Stephan Herrmann stephan.herrmann at berlin.de
Tue Apr 24 18:55:34 UTC 2018

Thanks, Alex, for your answer, and sorry for the long delay on my side.

I found the background regarding deprecation of packages quite interesting,
and agree to most of what you say.

On 03.04.2018 02:49, Alex Buckley wrote:
> You're right -- the JLS does not mandate a warning when compiling code on the classpath that uses code in deprecated modules.

Wouldn't it be more consistent to give such warnings?
Why should writing code in an unnamed vs. named module make a
difference in whether or not I'm seeing deprecation warnings?

Would you consider a compiler that issues such warnings as violating JLS?

thanks,
Stephan