RFR JMC-6075: Avoid conversion for RECORDING_SETTING event from JDK9/10 in SettingsTransformer

Marcus Hirt marcus.hirt at oracle.com
Fri Jul 20 08:14:44 UTC 2018

Hi Jay,

Looks fine. Go ahead!

/M

On 2018-07-20, 10:05, "jmc-dev on behalf of Jayathirth D V" <jmc-dev-bounces at openjdk.java.net on behalf of jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com> wrote:

    Hello All,

    Please review the following fix in JMC 7 :

    Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JMC-6075

    Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/6075/webrev.00/

    Issue: In SettingTransformer and SyntheticAttributeExtension, whenever we have RECORDING_SETTING from JDK9/10 we translate these events to JDK11 type.

    Solution: We have static variables which we use for Pre JDK9 events in JdkTypeIDsPreJdk11. For JDK9/10 RECORDING_SETTING event type also we can maintain a static variable in JdkTypeIDsPreJdk11 and use it wherever applicable. This will avoid conversion of JDK9/10 RECORDING_SETTING event to JDK11 type. I have removed usage of JdkTypeIDsPreJdk11.needTransform() because we will be creating SettingTransform object only when have Pre-JDK 11 RECORDING_SETTING event type. Also there is some cleanup done in  SettingTransformer.

    I have ran unit tests and there are no failures. Also used JDK 7/8/9/10/11 recordings and I don't see any difference in Automated-analysis results before and after change.

    Thanks,

    Jay