RFR JMC-6086: Unreleased stream when we reach end of decoding in StreamChunkIterator

Jayathirth D V jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com
Fri Jul 20 08:55:24 UTC 2018

Hello All,

Please review the following fix in JMC 7 :

Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JMC-6086

Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/6086/webrev.00/

Issue: When we try to read compressed JFR file in ChunkReader, we use StreamChunkIterator and store the decoded stream. But when we reach end of stream we are not releasing the open stream.

Solution: Close the open stream when we reach end of file.

Ran unit tests and there are no failures. Also there are no problems with JDK 7/8/9/10/11 automated analysis results.

Thanks,

Jay