Supported Eclipse versions in JMC 7.1.0.

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Wed Feb 27 22:38:21 UTC 2019

Hi Marcus,

> So my questions are:
> * How about building JMC 7.1.0 with only Eclipse 4.9.0 or 4.10.0 as platforms?

Does that mean, what Eclipse platform versions we'll support for building the RCP package? If yes, then I think it's perfectly fine to use only the latest Eclipse versions.

> * How about using Eclipse 4.10.0 as the default platform?

Sure.

> * Do we still want to support running the JMC 7.1.0 plug-ins on 4.8.0?

That's the more difficult question I guess. Can JMC be installed as a plugin to some Eclipse installation? Then we should try to support lower platform versions. However, if we were to support the 4.8.0 platform, we'd need to build the plugins against the 4.8.0 platform then, right? Doesn't that contradict to your first proposal?

Best regards
Christoph