RFR: 8098: Remove obsolete checkformatting step in GHA

Alex Macdonald aptmac at openjdk.org
Wed Jul 5 20:14:01 UTC 2023

On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 16:16:52 GMT, Christoph Langer <clanger at openjdk.org> wrote:

> spotless is integrated into the standard JMC build workflow now. So we can skip the separate checkformatting step in GHA.
>
> I also fixed indentation in updatecopyrightyear.sh.

I think this should be okay. I was a bit back and forth on the removal of spotless checks for the uitests, but they aren't run in the GH CI and are very infrequently built upon anyways. In the event of new uitests the reviewers would have to run the tests locally anyways, so any spotless checks would be flagged then.