RFR: 7894: Provide an alternative Java based flamegraph visualization [v12]

Brice Dutheil bdutheil at openjdk.org
Thu Jun 8 20:25:52 UTC 2023

On Thu, 8 Jun 2023 15:34:50 GMT, Alex Macdonald <aptmac at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Brice Dutheil has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Bump copright year to 2023
>>  - Use JavaSE-17
>
> Hm, potentially disregard my review comment about the tooltip. It shows up when I launch JMC through Eclipse as an RCP application, but isn't showing up when run a locally built JMC.

@aptmac JPG Image saving is fixed.

1. > It looks like you've tagged a rc5 on your repo, should this PR be updated to include that latest version?

   I'd rather not as RC5 has an issue when resizing. And I didn't had the time to fix it properly. I wasn't expecting this issue to require so much involvement. Ideally I would like to fix this at some point before reaching a the next RC and ultimately the stable version.

2. > What is the future for this dependency? Could it be hosted on something like maven central? Just thinking about potential vendor builds & releases of JMC and the validity pulling rc tags from GitHub.

   Currently the libraries are uploaded to [central](https://central.sonatype.com/artifact/io.github.bric3.fireplace/fireplace-swing/) (if they are at least _release candidates_).