RFR: 7948: Update ASM to 9.7 so the agent can build and run with JDK17 [v2]

Alex Macdonald aptmac at openjdk.org
Wed May 1 18:59:58 UTC 2024

On Wed, 1 May 2024 17:43:27 GMT, Joshua Matsuoka <jmatsuoka at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Addresses JMC-7948 (Update ASM version in the agent).
>>
>> The agent currently uses a very old version of ASM that doesn't support more recent JDK versions (most notably JDK17).
>>
>> This PR bumps the ASM version up to 9.7 which was released in March and supports up to JDK23. It also bumps the agent build up to JDK17.
>
> Joshua Matsuoka has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Bump copyright year

Was trying to figure out why the check license script wasn't happy, turns out there's also a license in the actual pom here at: https://github.com/openjdk/jmc/blob/master/agent/pom.xml#L52

So the script is happy with the license header, but upset at the licenses information. I feel like this should probably updated too, now that there are new changes to bring it up to 2024.

It looks like you'll either need to update the jira issue title to be the same as this PR, or visa-versa; there's a mismatch. Otherwise this looks good to go.