RFR: 8220: Make LocalJVMToolkit reflective [v2]

Marcus Hirt hirt at openjdk.org
Tue May 14 13:56:14 UTC 2024

On Tue, 14 May 2024 13:49:43 GMT, Marcus Hirt <hirt at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Less painful from within Eclipse.
>
> Marcus Hirt has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Error message and null check

If someone has the stomach and stamina for that. This is a pretty simple fix that mitigates any trouble in a part of the code base that is really only used by JMC, for nefarious purposes that the Java platform team would rather have the world stop doing altogether. As a matter of fact, these days you need to explicitly start the JVMs with a flag for JMC to be able to do local attach at all.

Since this is making onboarding of new contributors harder right now, I would rather take this fix for now. Once Tycho behaves, we can decide if we want to undo this fix.