Maven old "Simple" Archetype still visible

Bernd Eckenfels ecki at zusammenkunft.net
Tue Sep 23 22:38:10 UTC 2014

Hello,

Eclipse shows by default only the latest version of each maven
archetype. However it also shows me version 0.4.2 of
jmh-simple-benchmark-archetype as contained in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/archetype-catalog.xml:

<archetype><groupId>org.openjdk.jmh</groupId><artifactId>jmh-simple-benchmark-archetype</artifactId><version>0.4.2</version><description>Basic
archetype for simple JMH-driven benchmark.</description></archetype>

I think this is an old abandoned name (for jmh-java-benchmark). I
wonder if there is actually a way to deprecate or even remove the older
archetypes from this catalog. Or at least make Eclipse see that it is
an older verison of the new name?

Gruss
Bernd