JMH 1.12

Aleksey Shipilev aleksey.shipilev at oracle.com
Fri Apr 1 19:06:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

JMH 1.12 patch release is available at Maven Central (props to Evgeny
Mandrikov, as usual). It includes several important improvements, mostly
compatibility with JDK 9 EA that has Jigsaw integrated -- the first
build with Jigsaw is 9b111:

 * Compiling with 9b111 fails with CNFE: javax.annotation.Generated.
This is arguably a JDK issue, but we have worked that around
nevertheless (interested parties can see the dependent bug):
    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/CODETOOLS-7901643

 * GC profiler would fail on 9b111, which enforces stricter access
controls to MXBeans. We have rewired the code to poll MXBeans safer --
and the added benefit was fixing a few JDK 6 issues too:
    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/CODETOOLS-7901645

 * JSON output now emits warmup/measurement batch sizes, in case you
need that data for your SingleShot runs:
    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/CODETOOLS-7901649

 * For a while now, doing non-forked runs (-f 0) was risky
correctness-wise. It was left as power-user/debugging facility. Now we
warn harder about this during the run:
    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/CODETOOLS-7901650

Enjoy!

-Aleksey