[jmm-dev] State of play with modeling relaxed memory

Jeremy Manson jeremymanson at google.com
Mon Mar 17 14:38:50 UTC 2014

Doug,

I'm not getting a good read on your responses here - are you arguing that
we shouldn't support Category C anymore?  They don't really seem *that*
controversial; just because nothing actually performs these optimizations
doesn't mean that they aren't reasonable optimizations to perform.  It is
just that very few optimizers do any sort of whole program analysis.

(I'm not sure that there was anything wrong with our treatment of Category
C in the JSR133 model, either, although that is probably not entirely
relevant.)

Jeremy