RFR: add simple test workflow [v2]

Igor Ignatyev iignatyev at openjdk.java.net
Sat Jul 10 00:40:00 UTC 2021

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 23:36:31 GMT, Igor Ignatyev <iignatyev at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> could you please review this small patch that adds a simple github action workflow to build and test `jtreg` on `linux-x64`?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -- Igor
>
> Igor Ignatyev has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - use bash instead of sh to run make/build.sh
>  - use make/build.sh
>    s/JDK8_HOME/JDK8HOME

Thanks, Jon.

> Are other versions of JDK available for GitHub Actions? ...

on linux, there are only JDK8 and JDK11 preinstalled, there are however no JDK11-specific tests (or at least there are no `ifdef JDK11HOME`). windows hosts have 8, 11, and 13; macos -- 8, [11;14]; I'm working on a patch to add testing on these platforms as well, but both have their own issues.