Allowing partial jtreg samejvm safe runs

Jonathan Gibbons Jonathan.Gibbons at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 14 13:38:12 PST 2009

Mark,

Thanks for the idea behind this patch, and for the patch too.

To you and other jtreg users,

I'd be interested in comments regarding the relative merits of
white-listing vs black-listing.

I'd also be interested in comments regarding the feature of
only using the whitelist when running the whole test suite.
An alternative proposal would be to only use the whitelist
in a default mode, where neither -othervm or -samevm is
defined.  Specifying either switch would disable the whitelist
(or blacklist?) lookup.

-- Jon