jtreg - building java and cpp test

Pete Brunet peter.brunet at oracle.com
Thu Nov 19 15:46:39 UTC 2015

Hi, I need to build a regression test that has both Java and C++ code.
I see some similar cases in the test tree and they include the exe of
the cpp file.  I also see a Makefile.  If I run the test without the exe
it is not built so what is the Makefile for?  Documentation?

The Makefile I used as a prototype has
cl -o name.exe name.cpp name.lib name.lib
but when I ran make at the command line cl was not found but at least at
this point I don't see the need to look into the cl failure if the
Makefile is just for documentation.

Pete