Problems Excluding Specific Tests

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Fri Nov 9 01:49:54 UTC 2018

Ben,

My apologies; you have tripped over a known bug in jtreg [1], such that
it is failing to correctly match tests against the exclude list in some
unusual cases.

Although I didn't read all of your test cases, the first 3 executions
were enough to confirm the bug. Note how in the first run of jtreg, the
test *is* correctly excluded, but then it it is incorrectly not excluded
later on, when other similar tests are not excluded.

I am working on a fix for jtreg, which should be available soon.

The bug is that the content of the test description (the /* @test */)
comment is identical for this test and some other tests. If you need a
short term workaround, add some unique text, such as a @summary or @bug
info into the test you are trying to exclude.

-- Jon

[1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/CODETOOLS-7902067