[8u] RFR (XS) 8218613: [TESTBUG] runtime/ErrorHandling tests are building incorrect testlibrary classes

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 09:10:12 UTC 2019

On 2/13/19 1:38 AM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
> It is a general goal for jtreg to support use on older systems, so I have a question regarding that
> aspect ... what is the oldest JDK for which you want to use jtreg (jdk7u?, jdk8u etc) and how do you
> run jtreg ... using the Makefiles, or in some custom setup? There's a hidden aspect to that last
> question, which is, what JDK do you use to run jtreg when testing these older platforms?

I run "make test", "make run-test" with whatever boot jdk is accepted in jdk9+. jdk8u does not have
lots of test definitions in TEST.groups (we would rectify that hopefully soon), so executing the
jtreg as standalone binary with system Java (8u), passing the $repo/test directory to it.

I think the minimal supported version should be jdk7u.

-Aleksey