Defender Extension Methods -- Resolution and Invoccation

Lawrence Kesteloot lk at teamten.com
Wed Aug 4 16:18:25 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Neal Gafter <neal at gafter.com> wrote:
> It seems you've technically observed the word of "keep interfaces code-free"
> without obeying the spirit of it.  There is little point of putting the
> programmer through the pain of the separation in the current specification
> if the benefits of the separation don't accrue.

What are you advocating? Putting the code right in the interface? What
if the method gets too big, how do you split it up? Do you advocate
private methods in interfaces to solve that? Private static fields to
store things like Comparators or Collators you might use? Seems like a
mess to me. I should be able to read an interface and see a contract,
not hundreds of lines of implementation and private garbage.

I like the current "punt to another class" approach.

Lawrence