Defender Extension Methods -- Resolution and Invoccation

Howard Lovatt howard.lovatt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 18:40:09 PDT 2010

>>* I think the syntax of defender method has some technical merits:*>>* - solving the problem of a class implementing two interfaces with two*>>* extension methods*>>*     that collide is easier. They should have the same default.*>
> This one point alone should close down this discussion!

Just as easy to throw an error saying it is ambiguous and that the
programmer must provide an override to resolve the ambiguity.

In fact; I would go as far as to say it is in fact easier, since the runtime
will have to check this anyway since a interface might have been recompiled
since the class was compiled.

  -- Howard.