Fun with method references

Nathan Bryant nathan.bryant at linkshare.com
Fri Aug 6 13:26:36 PDT 2010

I'd thought that MethodHandles were type checked at runtime, and that
function types built on top of them could also express primitives.

Perhaps you are reacting to the "round trip through generics" aspect of
the presentation that's recently been referred to, or that some of the
proposals to date have implemented function types as translation to
generic SAMs named Function0, Function1, etc. But surely this is not the
only possible implementation choice.