Virtual extension methods -- a strawman design

Howard Lovatt howard.lovatt at gmail.com
Sun May 16 17:16:23 PDT 2010

When you post comments on a forum like lamda-dev it has a tendency to
come over negative and critical. Particularly, if like me, you tend to
get to the point. I could be wrong, but I get the impression that
folks at Oracle are feeling that no one appreciates their work and it
is just a never ending string of criticism aimed their way. Speaking
for myself, I can say that my comments are not intended to be negative
and I am glad that you are publicly discussing these issues and I am
glad that more ambitious changes like lambdas and extension methods
are on the agenda. From my point of view I will try and be more
encouraging and not so terse (which as I said does come over
negative). Hopefully this will encourage Oracle to make the process
even more transparent.

  -- Howard.