Updated Featherweight Defenders document available

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Fri Dec 2 12:32:59 PST 2011

I have completed a major refinement of the formal model for defender
resolution.  There are significant cleanups in the math (mostly notably
fixing the ambiguity surrounding the meaning of 'nil' in lookup
functions) which enabled some simplifications in the model; we were able
to eliminate many of the internal predicates (SigOK, BodyOK) and thereby
simplify (and in some cases, eliminate) many rules.  Also added are new
judgments for resolution of I.super.m() calls.

Comments welcome.

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/lambda/defender-prototype/raw-file/f49be48f1225/doc/featherweight-defenders.pdf