Method reference conversion

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Thu Dec 15 18:08:00 PST 2011

Slight correction -- in this particular case (where the method reference is a bound instance reference), it seems quite unlikely that these references would be ==.  However, for static references and unbound instance references, it is quite likely that they will be ==.  In any case, it is unlikely the spec will make promises that are potentially expensive to keep.