State of the current Lambda source tree

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Mon Jan 17 12:09:52 PST 2011

Extension methods require VM support, which is not there yet.  Right now
the compiler attempts to enforce the right constraints, but you would
get AME at runtime.

Remi wrote an agent which will do load-time weaving of defenders, and
posted it at google code, which should work for the code currently
generated by the compiler.

You are right that there should be a central document about the state of
the implementation.  I'll put that on the to-do list.