signatures that are recorded for default methods

Lance Andersen - Oracle Lance.Andersen at oracle.com
Thu Dec 6 09:01:09 PST 2012

Folks,

Will the signatures for interfaces that are recorded by the TCKs for interfaces record the fact that a method includes a default method? or will it just record the method definition?

I am assuming it will, but I know there has been discussion that a implementor could choose a different default implementation on one of the recent threads that was up for review.

I am still trying to understand what our guidelines are, if any for documenting the behavior of the supplied default methods given the javadocs are part of the specification for many APIs (and in some case the only spec).

Best
Lance

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Lance.Andersen at oracle.com