Old / New build systems strategy ?

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Mon Sep 24 06:28:22 PDT 2012

HI Henri,

I recommend you try this:

- for jdk8 use the "current/old" build system until jdk8 officially switches over to the new build system and deprecates the old one.

- for jigsaw use the "current/old" build system until jigsaw does a merge from jdk8 with the new build system that is capable of supporting jigsaw and its modules.

- for lambda use the new build system (it's what the developers of lambda have chosen to use, thats about official as it gets :-) ). By the time lambda gets integrated into jdk8 the "current/old" system may or may not be deprecated. If you have any issues building on certain platforms i would strongly recommend reporting such issues to the build infra team.

FWIW i have had no issues building lambda on my Mac.

I am not privy to any schedules regarding the new build system.

Hth,
Paul.