RFR: 8004518 & 8010122 : Default methods on Map

Mike Duigou mike.duigou at oracle.com
Thu Apr 11 13:03:23 PDT 2013

Another revision incorporating primarily documentation feedback.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mduigou/JDK-8010122/2/webrev/

I've also included the java.util.Collections overrides for the default methods. All of these are performance enhancements--the semantics were already correct because the defaults use only public methods.

This is likely, modulo formatting of the source examples, the version that will be pushed to TL on Friday unless somebody squawks.

Moving the current compute, computeIfPresent, computeIfAbsent and merge defaults to ConcurrentMap and replacing the current Map defaults with versions that throw ConcurrentModificationException will likely be resolved in a future issue if the EG determines it to be important.

Mike