hg: lambda/lambda/langtools: Generate all static lambda methods as static. Only interface instance (default) methods still public awaiting VM fixes.

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Tue Apr 23 16:38:12 PDT 2013

At the language level, we support in interfaces:

  public instance methods (defaults)
  public static methods

At the VM level, we further support private versions of both of these.  There are no plans to expose private methods in interfaces at the language level at this time.

As Robert points out, VM support is not 100% there so there are some things that are temporarily translated to public when they will eventually be private.

As with classes, lambdas that capture 'this' are desugared to instance methods, otherwise to static methods.