@FunctionalInterface implications

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Fri Nov 22 17:32:32 PST 2013

Function is extended by BinaryOperator, also a functional interface,
which specializes its type parameters.  I think that's a fine pattern.

More generally, its perfectly fine for an interface to extend a
functional interface but not itself be a functional interface.  See
Node.Builder inside the Stream package, for example.