Streamable

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Sat Dec 15 09:26:27 PST 2012

I am considering dropping the Streamable interface.  Currently the only
implementor is Collection, and all of the other stream-bearing methods
are serving up specialized streams (chars(), codePoints(), lines(), etc)
with a method name that is more suitable than "stream".  So I think we
should drop Streamable and leave the stream() / parallel() methods on
Collection (or possibly move them up Iterable).

Also still leaning towards renaming parallel() to parallelStream().