FlatMapper

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Tue Feb 12 10:59:58 PST 2013

> Are we going to have a consistency issue with FlatMapper vs.
> Function?  For instance we have ToIntFunction, but not
> ToIntFlatMapper.  Instead we have FlatMapper.ToInt.

I think that's a function of where it lands, which is open for
discussion.  Currently it is in java.util.stream, where the dominant
convention is Foo.OfBar.  If we moved it to java.util.function, we'd
"flatten" the namespace.

I currently lean towards JUS, since this does not seem as important a
top-level type as Function, Predicate, or Supplier.  But such decisions
often turn around to bite one.