Collectors update

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Tue Feb 5 11:11:31 PST 2013

On 02/05/2013 05:53 PM, Brian Goetz wrote:
>>> 4.  Rejigger Partition to return an array again, with an explicit
>>> lambda (which will likely be an array ctor ref) to make the array.
>>> Eliminated the silly Partition class.
>>
>> Please don't do that, it's pure evil.
>>    public static<T> Collector<T, Collection<T>[]>
>> partitioningBy(Predicate<T> predicate, IntFunction<Collection<T>[]>
>> arraySupplier) {
>
> I've refactored this to make the partition collectors return
> Map<Boolean, X>.

I think returning a boolean -> T (or Boolean -> T) is better because
it's conceptually more lightweight than a Map.
I expect to see more function instead of a Map returned as result of a
method.

Otherwise, like any other Map returned by the JDK, it should be
serializable.

Rémi