A few very minor library issues

Kevin Bourrillion kevinb at google.com
Fri Feb 22 08:59:10 PST 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Brian Goetz <brian.goetz at oracle.com> wrote:

 1. I feel the Stream methods findFirst() and findAny() can really be
>> named just first() and any().  The "find" is just odd and doesn't do
>> enough. Failing that, I'd go for firstElement() / anyElement().
>>

> Agree find is a little weird.  I am fine with first() but a little
> squeamish about any(), just because people who have not yet been through
> the parallelism  meat grinder already find "findAny" weird ("why is it
> different from findFirst?")

That seems like a concern that's roughly the same whether they have a
common prefix or suffix or not.  Though I do see the minor point about a
common prefix grouping them together so that you at least have to ponder
the difference up front...

Kevin Bourrillion | Java Librarian | Google, Inc. | kevinb at google.com