Fiber API changes

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Oct 2 06:26:59 UTC 2018

On 02/10/2018 07:17, Remi Forax wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> i've not tested the new Fiber API, yet, anyway there is a missing wildcard in Fiber.schedule (both variants)
>    public static <V> CompletableFuture<V> schedule(Executor scheduler, Callable<V> task) {
> should be
>    public static <V> CompletableFuture<V> schedule(Executor scheduler, Callable<? extends V> task) {

We're hoping to have a discussion here, maybe zoom, in a few weeks, to
kick off discussion about the scope of the API and other areas of this
project. What we have now is very minimal. I've no doubt it will change
significantly and going through dozens of iterations before we get to
something that we are happy with. In the mean-time, thanks, I'll fix the
missing wildcard issue.

-Alan