Kick off meeting for Project Loom

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sat Oct 13 12:22:30 UTC 2018

Project Loom has been up and running here for number of months doing
some early exploration and prototyping of both delimited continuations
and fibers. So far it's been a small scale effort with only a few Oracle
committers involved. It's time to expand this, and to that end, we would
like to organize a meeting to discuss this project and participation
from those interested in getting involved and committing time and effort
to help with the exploration and project goals.

A possible agenda for this initial meeting is:
- review where the project/prototype is current at
- go through the areas that the project plans to explore (at least the
areas that we know about at this time)
- discuss expanding the project and areas where participates are willing
to commit time/effort

If it works out then we can organize regular meetings, we can discuss
that too!

The proposed meeting is 15.00 UTC on October 18, 2018. Send me mail in
advance if you are planning to attend so that we can send the meeting
logistics (probably zoom). The Project Loom proposal [1] and the JVMLS
2018 presentation [2] should be reviewed in advanced.

We'll post minutes here for those that can't attend (or are just
interested in following progress).

-Alan

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J31o0ZMQEnI