5x Slower Context Switching Between Fiber-vs-Thread

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Feb 5 12:19:11 UTC 2019

On 05/02/2019 08:41, Volkan Yazıcı wrote:

> I have created a GiST:
> https://gist.github.com/vy/c5031a54d42f9e5b855463c838fed6a9
> You can just run the file as follows: *java SlowFiberReport.java*

Thanks. For this test then I assume it is spending almost all of the
time freezing and thawing, something that is work in progress and a bit
early to benchmark at this time. In addition, from your numbers, I
suspect this test may be yielding with interpreter frames on the
continuation stack for most/all of the run. You may have heard Ron speak
about lazy copy which involves thawing only a portion of the stack. It's
not enabled by default yet but you can try it with
-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:+UseNewCode (not
-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions as we have on the wiki).

-Alan