Waiting on intrinsic locks parks the executor thread

Volkan Yazıcı volkan.yazici at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 18:11:46 UTC 2019

Thanks for the prompt reply Alan. Yes, locks do work for me.

Though I am a little bit confused about where do you draw the line for
deciding on "functions that used to affect threads start affecting fibers
as well". For instance, Thread.sleep() suspends a fiber and releases the
executor thread back into the pool. OTOH, Object#wait() blocks the entire
fiber+thread pair. Maybe I am missing something obvious but what is the
rationale here?