Loom and reading/writing of data

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Nov 21 09:30:28 UTC 2019

On 21/11/2019 08:37, Kasper Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what is the story about Loom and read/write of data.
> Are users going to manage tens of millions of ByteBuffers? Or are there going
> to be some alternative APIs?

TBD at least for reading where overloads that lazily supply byte[] or
buffer have been suggested to reduce memory usage when there are tens of
thousands of virtual threads blocked reading from sockets. Writing is
different as the bytes to send on the network will usually be
accumulated in a byte[] or buffer before calling the API to write.

-Alan.