Continuation.yield limitations

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 08:10:58 UTC 2019

On 9/6/19 12:15 PM, Remi Forax wrote:

> the other non-solution is to patch all stack addresses when moving
> the continuation, the problem is that there is no way to know if a
> value on a C stack is a stack address or not.

I think there is. It would take work and co-operation with C compiler
people. The main reason we can't touch the native layer from Java is
that we tell ourselves that it's something we must not touch: it's a
black box. But these days it's all either free software or it's from
people (like Microsoft) we can talk to. The old days of dozens of C
compilers have gone.

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer