RFR: jsr166 integration 2019-09

forax at univ-mlv.fr forax at univ-mlv.fr
Fri Sep 13 15:10:11 UTC 2019

> De: "Martin Buchholz" <martinrb at google.com>
> À: "Remi Forax" <forax at univ-mlv.fr>

[ https://github.com/forax/nestmate-tidyup/blob/master/NestMateTidyUp.java | https://github.com/forax/nestmate-tidyup/blob/master/NestMateTidyUp.java ]

To reduce the number of dependencies to 0, it uses the jdk internal version of ASM, so the command line is
java --add-exports java.base/jdk.internal.org.objectweb.asm=ALL-UNNAMED NestMateTidyUp.java

It crawles java.base to find the fields/methods/constructors that should be declared private.

weirdly, the compiler (javac) also generates some package private fields (those pesky this$0) if the class itself is package private (i believe).

Rémi